My small collection of my favorite 404 and error messages on the web, from mostly big sites. Some are humorous, some are quirky, and I think they are all great. No one is perfect.
Top web site error pages – my favorites.
1) barrackobama.com – simple, to the point, diffusing.
2) Plaxo.com – (oops! There seems to be a problem. I’ll tell you what… let us fix it and this can be our little secret.) humorous
3) crowdspring.com – (our servers are currently fighting among themselves and we’re putting them into a timeout.) – if you have kids you will appreciate this.
4) youtube.com – (“The functionality is not available… Be cool – we’ll be back 100% in a bit.”) – I like the slang
6) Google apps error – not funny, not cool… common google, you can be fun too!
10) technorati.com error (“Doh! The Technorati Monster escaped again.”) – good one